Monday, June 11, 2012

Big Fat Summer Challenge...

Blogworld...I must admit. I don't have many boundaries but today I stumbled upon a challenge while viewing the fabulous Ms. Natural Fashionista's page (www.naturalfashionista.com).  She's participating in the BIG FAT SUMMER CHALLENGE (brought to us by Ms. Jasifer from Jasiferslionsclub.com).  This challenge is challenging us (ha! great use of my English degree) to step outside of our clothing comfort zone. 





75% of this challenge is my current wardrobe or in my sewing queue but I had to chuckle at the items that are going to give me the most trouble:

1. Wear a high waisted bottom- First of all, Tiffany M. of the land of Amazonia has a high waisted ass in the back and a kangaroo pouch in the front.  My nose broke out in mini sweat freckles thinking about the various combos of cameltoes and wedgies that may occur if this look goes wrong...but I shall forge on and make it work.

2. Wear something you normally wouldn't wear--hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Surprisingly, the first thing that came to my mind was:

I just can't do jeans and a tee.  I try...Lord knows I try but it's SO HARD.  T-shirts do nothing for me.  NOTHING! But again, I shall forge on and make it work.

I'm very excited about the bikini!  It was on my list of things to buy for my Barbados trip but with the sudden influx of plus size pretties grabbing them up, I'm scared to wait much longer before buying mine (Ms. Gabifresh of Gabrifresh.com leading the way)...we shall see.

The joy of challenges!  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. woot woot, so excited you joined the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It's definitely going to be fun. :) I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with (I'm working on a few surprises myself...my sewing machine's going to go on strike this summer). :)

      Delete